The Glee Club is the oldest and most prestigious University Choir at Princeton University.
Who We Are
Ulysses S. Grant was president, Verdi's Requiem was premiered and the Battle of Little Big Horn was still two years in the future when Princeton University's Glee Club was founded in 1874 by Andrew Fleming West '74, the first Dean of the Graduate College. In those early years the group consisted of a few young men and was run entirely by its student members, but in 1907, Charles E. Burnham became the first of a long line of distinguished professional musicians to lead the Glee Club. Since that time, the ensemble has established itself as the largest choral body on Princeton's campus, and has distinguished itself both nationally and overseas. Read More!